Carpool to Work program
The ABC Ramps Mobility Hub’s Carpool to Work program offers one of the lowest carpool rates in downtown Minneapolis. Pay only $20 per month or $5 per day. Just enter one of the ABC Ramps through the carpool lane with two or more people in your vehicle.
What you’ll need to apply:
- All carpool members’ contact information (minimum of two people required). The person who applies for your contract and enters their email address below will be the primary contract holder, responsible for renewing your contract and paying for parking. Parking rates will vary depending on the ramp you choose.
- Contact information for the company/school to which each carpool member commutes
- Vehicle make, model, year, and license plate number
- Carpool arrival and departure times
- Chosen parking ramp, see map for locations
- Applicants need to show or provide an image of their driver’s license and proof of residency (rent/mortgage statement, or utility bill with current address)
Who is eligible and Does it matter where I travel from in the morning??
With the Carpool to Work program, you must live and travel from outside of the downtown core as shown on the map below. You must live North of the River or Plymouth Ave N, East of 35W, and South and West of 94.
Carpooling comes with perks!
- Monthly carpool contract holders get access to preferred parking spaces next to the elevator lobbies.
- Free use of E-ZPass Lane for a faster commute into the city.
- Free downtown zone-only bus and light rail rides with complimentary Ramp and Ride GoTo card to get to your end destination quickly. Pick up your GoTo card at Move Minneapolis.
- Guaranteed Ride Home is available when an emergency happens and you have to leave before the rest of your carpool. Use this up to four times a year or $100 in value, whichever comes first.
- If you have to drive alone one day, just pay the regular early bird rate for single-occupant drivers. Or try other travel options.
- Skyway connectivity.
- Signup here.
Ready to sign up or renew your monthly carpool contract now? Here’s how.
- Sign up or renew your monthly contract here with Move Minneapolis.
- All members of the carpool must work in downtown and live outside the downtown core. Once verified, pick up your access card at the ABC Ramps Mobility Hubs office on the ground floor of Ramp A at 101 9th N, Minneapolis.
- Contracts are renewed every six months. You will be mailed a renewal form before it expires.
- See below for convenient ways to pay your bill.
How to pay your carpool parking bill
- Credit card: Online at https://mplsparking.com/services/carpool/
- Check: Drop off at the ABM Parking Services office during business hours or mail to 33 9th St N. #B50, Minneapolis, MN 55403.
There can be only one account holder name and account number with all payments.
Carpool Early Bird Rate
- Commuters who work downtown and enter any of the ABC Ramps in a carpool lane with two or more people in their vehicle Monday through Friday between 6 and 9 a.m., pay a $5 daily rate. There is a 12-hour limit. No registration is needed for this option.
- Please note that all entrances in the ABC Ramps have a carpool lane except the 3rd Avenue entrance to Ramp C.
- Vanpools that are part of the Metro Transit’s Vanpool program with at least five members park in the ABC Ramps Mobility Hubs for free. Visit MetroTransit for more information. To register, call 651-602-VANS or email [email protected].
- Once you are registered contact us to get a parking contract in one of the ABC Ramps Mobility Hub.
Find a Carpooler
Organize your own carpool or connect with commuters in your area through Metro Transit’s Rideshare Planner.
Watch our Carpool 101: Gonna Go My Way? webinar and learn about how to get signed up for carpooling and the awesome perks you receive!